About Eve Kaplan
Eve Kaplan became involved in financial planning in the 1990s because she saw how confused and overwhelmed people felt about making financial decisions. Eve’s firm brings clarity, objectivity and direction to her clients.
Why does Eve believe in the Eve Kaplan: benefits of fee-only financial planning? Eve’s parents were divorced when she was a teenager – resulting in years of turmoil that had a long-lasting impact on her family. It’s possible divorce could have been avoided if objective, constructive financial advice was at hand (note: money issues are one of the biggest reasons couples divorce). Unfortunately, objective financial planning didn’t exist in the 1970s – services centered around insurance sales and banking services.
Eve Kaplan received a BA from Brandeis University and a MA, ABD (PhD Candidate) from Harvard University. She enjoyed a successful international investment career in New York, Tokyo, Singapore and Rotterdam (1984-2001). As a Senior Portfolio Manager in the Netherlands, Eve managed nearly $1 billion invested in international equities. Eve speaks Japanese and Dutch, and is conversant in several other languages.
Eve Kaplan became a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Practitioner in 2004. She combines precision analytics with an approachable, inclusive style. This works well with many couples if one person may need/like a technical approach to planning but the spouse/partner could feel lost. Eve’s approach bridges the two styles; this helps clients who seek guidance from a knowledgeable professional who won’t snow them under with excessive techno-talk.
Eve also works closely with professional women and widowed or divorced women who may have relegated their finances (previously) to their husbands.
With 30+ years of investment experience, Eve is well-equipped to help her clients navigate uncertain and choppy markets. Eve and her “best in class” team of affiliated professions orchestrate comprehensive planning solutions so her clients have the highest probability of financial success.
Eve Kaplan: Memberships and Affiliations:
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Practitioner since 2004. Prior to this, Eve worked as a portfolio manager and equities analyst in NY, Tokyo, Singapore and the Netherlands (1984-2001).
- Forbes Fee Only Planner Blog contributor
- The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (napfa.org)
- NAPFA upholds the highest Fiduciary standards in financial planning.
- members are required to complete at least 30 hours of Continuing Education each year – double the minimum requirement by the Certified Financial Planner board.